Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Bronx Tale

Watching this movie so far, you know that there are certain groups. Like the Italian nieghborhood is filled with Italians. Collegro or "C" is an Italian, but he's apart of different kinds of groups. He's in a group with his high school friends that are called "jerkoffs" according to Sonny. (: .This group is up to no good. And Collegro's status for that group is basically being a "bada**". Then there's the other group...Sonny's crew. Sonny loves Collegro like a son, and ever since Collegro became close with Sonny, everybody treats him so well. So Collegro's status is that he's special because he's apart of Sonny. And Sonny is the "boss". Then there's the other part of Collegro that falls in love with this girl, but for that time era there was alot of blacks vs. whites. And so Collegro likes a colored girl, but it's hard for the both of them because they are both not the same race. Looking back at these groups and such, I believe "C" in Sonny's crew is his master status because Sonny wants to make sure Collegro is doing the right thing. Sonny doesn't want "C" to end up doing what he does now. Collegro is always with Sonny and talks to him about no matter what topic it is. I feel that throughout the movie, that Collegro's master status will end up remaining the same.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on this whole group thing. In the movie there are so many groups, just like you mentioned. I believe in Sonny's group, "C" is his master status just like you said. Sonny is always giving "C" advice and always looks out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the group's "C" belongs in but I see him and Sonny as being in their own groups in the way Sonny doesnt want "C" to end up like him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "c" is really living the highschool life, trying to find out who his real friends are. and whats going to be the best for him. you can tell that hes a smart boy and is starting to figure out that sunny is looking out for his best interests

    ReplyDelete