Thursday, October 21, 2010
MEDIA: Appearance
In class we all talked about how the media can shape up the appearance of other "beautiful models" and "beautiful stars". Looking at magazines pictures, billboards, posters, pictures from the Internet & etc., these stars and models aren't shown for who they really are. Things get edited all the time. Our society strives for perfection, and the appearances of these oh so called perfect & beautiful people, aren't really them. We have a lower self esteem based off of these appearances when these appearances aren't real. So why does society have to make others feel insecure like, "Omg, she has perfect skin. I have to buy that product." Or "Ughh...why can't I be like that? That's not fair." Or "I wish I had a body like that...". Everything you see may not be as it seems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think its crazy how everyone wants the "perfect" appearence, yet it is impossible to obtain. Media needs to start showing real people so our society can start having a healthier perception of body image.
ReplyDeleteI know ,it's sad how the media pushes people toward having the perfect body or look, when really their isn't one. Everybody is beautiful in their own way.
ReplyDeleteI think the media isn't purposefully trying to make people feel worse about themselves when they use beautiful models for their adds. I think to them it's all about making money, and attractive people sell better than unattractive people. Unfortunately the outcome is women having a lower body image because of the ads they see.
ReplyDelete